You’ve likely heard health experts instruct people to incorporate more berries into their diets, and for good reason. Berries are what’s considered a superfood with several nutritional benefits.
Why Eat Berries?
Aside from being delicious, berries of all kinds offer multiple health benefits and can greatly improve your quality of life. Foods like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries contain antioxidants, nutrients, and phytochemicals that help prevent — and sometimes even reverse — certain ailments and diseases.
If you’re still not convinced that eating berries will make a significant difference in your life, consider the following:
- Berries improve heart health. This is because they lower blood pressure and increase the good cholesterol in your body.
- Berries assist in weight loss efforts. Berries are decadently sweet but contain few calories. And because of the fiber content of this snack, they fill you up. This makes them the perfect snack to curb your appetite and keep you on track with your diet.
- Berries fight cancer. Many of the nutrients found in berries have cancer-combating properties, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- Berries improve brain health and memory. Blueberries in particular help prevent conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Berries help manage diabetes. Yes, they’re sweet, but they also contain fiber and aide in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Berries may prevent Parkinson’s disease. According to research, people who consume two or more servings of berries each week reduced their risk of developing Parkinson’s by a whopping 25 percent.
How Can Berries Be Prepared?
If you’re wondering how to fit the recommended amount of berries into your diet, you’re in luck. This is possibly one of the most versatile foods available. Blend them into smoothies, toss them in a salad, or simply snack on them one by one. There are also numerous healthy recipes available that incorporate various berries.
Why Work With Matrix Age Management?
At Matrix Age Management, our health experts work with you to come up with the best eating plan, exercise program, and supplement regimen to fit into your lifestyle and get you in the best shape ever. We understand the importance of living life to the fullest no matter your age.
We start with a consultation so we can get to know you — your current health, your goals, your ideal lifestyle. Then we create a customized plan after performing beneficial stress and fitness tests. From that point on, we provide continuous support to ensure your success. Give us a call to get started today.